An easy make and one that will be enjoyed by all. There are so many different types of this recipe about and I am sure we all tweak ours a bit.
What you will need:
3 dessertspoons golden syrup
1 heaped teaspoon bi-carb soda
1 1/2 cup rolled oats
1 cup self raising flour (SR flour)
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup desiccated (shredded) coconut
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional, but really good)
And how to do it:
- Add all dry ingredients (second group) to a medium/large bowl.
2. Melt butter and syrup in a saucepan over medium to low heat.
3. When melted stir in bi-carb soda – this will bubble up the mixture.
4. Add to dry ingredients and stir to a crumble mixture.
5. Add egg and combine.
6. Roll into small balls and place spaced out on a lined tray – I use a dessert spoon as a guide so that all are a similar size.
7. Bake in oven (180°C) for 10-15 mins.
8. Once removed from oven, leave on the tray for 5 mins before transferring to a wire rack for cooling (they are really soft and will break trying to transfer straight away).
Store in a container for up to 7 days (if they last that long).
For a bit of fun, make an ice cream sandwich. Just sandwich a small scoop of any flavoured ice cream between two Anzac biscuits.
So there is it, my first recipe for the site. I hope you enjoy these as much as we do. A free printable of this recipe can be found below.